Seeking 2022 – 2023 School Year Guides
Gaia Passages is a Bay Area based 510(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization that offers multicultural nature-based programs in the San Francisco Bay Area.
To apply, please fill out this application, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Gaia Passages connects youth to the natural world, builds confidence, voice, and leadership, supporting them through the changes from childhood to their teenage years through nature-based after school and summer programs for youth ages 6-15. Gaia Passages is seeking passionate and dedicated youth mentors (guides) to join our growing team. Our goal is to create a diverse, highly skilled and passionate team of guides for our mentor pool to lead groups.
We are looking for guides who can commit to working at least the school year 2022-2023.
Please apply to be a Guide for Gaia Passages if you:
- Have a deep personal connection to, interest in growing knowledge and love of the natural world
- Have experience and love having fun with youth outside in nature
- Are committed to supporting and mentoring youth using a collaborative model of growth and leadership
- Know how to create an inclusive space where all feel welcomed
- Are able to comfortably lead and facilitate a group of youth on your own
- Enjoy being a part of a team and experience working with a team
- Are reliable and follow through with your commitments
- Have Cross Cultural skills in relating with adults and children of diverse heritages and class backgrounds
- Are committed to racial, economic, and gender justice
- Have current CPR+first aid certification, and TB test before your first day of work
- Do livescan/fingerprinting before your first day of work
- Ability to drive or access independent transport to transport program supplies
- Ability to stand, walk, jog or have use of assistive device to move easefully with ambulatory children and guides
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds preferred
Professional experience in at least one of the following areas is preferred:
- Working with youth aged 6-15
- Working with girl-identified and gender expansive youth, specifically in youth aged 6-15
- Working in nature-based settings
- Teaching skills of social and emotional intelligence
Please read through our website so that you have a thorough understanding of what we are up to, and apply if you feel that your passion and skills match well with what we are offering! www.gaiapassages.org
Gaia Passages is committed to being a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace collective, where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, economic status, sexual orientation or identity, education or ability, feel valued and respected.
We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach to hiring and workplace culture. We provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and worksites. We welcome diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure all voices are heard and supported. We strive to offer belonging and sanctuary where difference, authenticity, personal and shared power are encouraged. We practice transparency, consent, and shared decision-making throughout our organization. We encourage applications from African heritage people, Latinx people, Indigenous heritage people, Immigrants, LGBTQIA folx, Elders, and Young Adults. Non-traditional work and learning histories are welcomed with no formal academic requirements.